View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Smile Rare 12" Admiral tv in a Chinese cabinet

I've had this set for over two years, and, haven't touched it yet. This set really looks impressive to me. It starts with an AM-FM radio, a 2 speed changer, 78 rpm, and, 33 rpm, and, a 12" picture in a black painted Chinese style cabinet with decorations on both doors. The original speaker grill cloth is black with white speckles...
The tv uses a Dumont 12JP4 picture tube that Admiral has put a stamp on the back of the chassis stating that you cannot use any other other type of tube in it.
The only bad thing about this set that is bad it the tuner looks alike an RCA Victor tuner..
The powere suppliesare in the bottom of the cabinet. This chassis has a 5U4 doubles for tv. The radio is powered up with a separate power supply with a pair of 5Y3 rectifiers.The audio amp consists of two 6V6 GT audio output tubes for audio output,driven a 6SQ7 and, I believe a 6SL7 for ausio. This drives a 12" speaker.....
This is a really neat set...
Bill Cahill

Last edited by Bill Cahill; 07-05-2017 at 05:31 AM.
Audiokarma