Thread: Cliff Benham
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 10:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
Apologies if this isn’t the correct place for this, but I feel I need to keep the community aware of what’s going on with a dear friend. Also I didn’t want to jump the gun and say something until now, out of respect for Cliff’s privacy and so things could settle down.

If you hadn’t heard, Clifford “sequential color” Benham has unfortunately been diagnosed with colorectal cancer. We hadn’t spoken in some months, until he invited me to his place just before turkey day last year to fix something wrong with his well pump. To say he didn’t look the greatest would be an understatement, but despite my insistence he refused to go see a doctor. Fast forward to January this year, and I found out through a friend of his that he had fallen and was taken to a hospital where scans indicated he also had a mild stroke.

The cancer was already very advanced by this point, so he decided against aggressive treatment and opted to enter hospice care instead. To make a very long and convoluted story short, and for reasons I won’t get into here, I offered to bring him down to my place so he would be looked after and he accepted. He is well cared for here, but unable to leave the bed because of the stroke causing muscle weakness. We have a very nice hospice worker who cares for him while I’m at work, and he gets a lot of cards from his closest friends.

Rather than sending him a card, please post your well wishes here as it’s far more convenient and he will see them faster than snail mail anyway.

The doctors could not say what the timeline for his progression will be, so we are taking things a day at a time. Wish I had better news, but believe me when I tell you he’s far better off here than he would have been in a home.

Kind regards,

Nick
Cancer shows no mercy! My older brother was diagnosed with that same cancer! He passed away one year ago.