Thread: Cooool!!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:08 AM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I don't even see any of my HD sets as TV sets really.....They are "appliances", and just are expected to perform when I want to watch the news. Of COURSE they are TV sets, but I would see it as especially alarming and surprising if one of the four HD sets in the flat suddeny got sick.

I've sorta stopped with the "Coby sets" for now....since I have like 25 of 'em and they are sorta "spilling" off the top of the credenza and onto the floor around it. They look like Star Trek's tribbles :-)

Been concentrating on some of the recap projects of the vintage (but still solid state) stuff around the house lately.....and with my schedules and social life, each one of those will be a month long project....if not longer. I have a particularly tasty little Singer TV6U I wanna get to pretty quick. Can't wait to see it's quirky little metal cabinet all lit up with a picture some day. It has about two thirds of just a white raster with no tuner whatsoever. Got the SAMs for it, and even got me a Castle "tuner subber" to someday go poking around it's tuner section. REALLY need to finally break down and get an ESR meter for testing caps before I take on this one.