View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 03:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalphen View Post
Hi David,

From Page 24 - D Board adjustments in the KV-4000 Service Manual which you kindly gave to me there is a section on changing the value of C531 to change the horizontal width - see enlarged page snapshot.

C values to be tried go from 0.0022 for the narrowest width to 0.0082 for the widest.

I would first replace the existing cap by a same value new one just in case the original was bad.

If no change, then try a 0.0022.

Does the H width reduce?

Problem solved?
I was looking to fix the horizontal size with the yoke - and yes, I spelled it right this time - connections with L901 and L902 connections, but could not figure out what they meant to do. I removed C531 completely - the width did reduce, but not completely for the frame to fit edge to edge, compared to other sets with the same signal. The capacitor was factory installed - marked 153K, which is a 0.015 - much larger than the largest listed cap for maximum width. Since it is now an open circuit, the width should be at it's narrowest.
I previously shifted the horizontal center to the right, and the vertical center down. I readjusted the vertical size and linearity. The image is now perfectly in frame on top, bottom, and right side - but still very much over-scanned on the left. When I watch it in the TV Guide preview window - the image is complete on all 4 sides, and there is no banding or flashing. In full frame view, there is still some banding and flashing, but nothing as severe as before. If I can figure out how to reduce the over-scan on the left, I think the problem will be solved completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalphen View Post
Note:
You say that the TV was receiving OTA NTSC on Channel 12 from its own tuner. Did the TV show the problem directly off-air?

Question: is the DVR recording the same signal in parallel with the KV-4000 from it's own off-air tuner and you then use it as a frame-by-frame replay device.

or is the DVR fed from the KV-4000's VHF tuner using the Video Out connection?

Best Regards

jhalphen
Paris/France
The DVR was connected to my mini transmitter via composite cables, broadcasting on channel VHF 12, and picked up by the KV-4000 internal tuner. But, the way the signal gets into the TV does not matter - the effect is the same regardless of the connection.
Audiokarma