View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 11:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie1210 View Post
I see a LOT of CB's for sale locally on CL and Offerup. What would be a good one to get if I want to see what's what's on the breaker breaker, come on?
I think activity varies by region and time of day , and pretty much since the 1970s , now that Burt Reynolds & "Smokey & the Bandit" have faded into history , no one really uses the "Breaker Breaker" lingo anymore , at least what I hear the few times I actually turn it on .

Now , if you want to give a listen , a lot of "shortwave" radios of the 70s and 80s had the 11 meter (27MHZ) CB band included in their frequency ranges . If you want to try to talk back to those you hear any "Cobra" CB you find will do the job provided it's actually in operable condition . Of course you'll need a proper CB antenna , don't bother with "1/4 wave" , anything "1/2 wave" or above will do .

If you want to buy what was arguably the best CB radio , the "Browning Golden Eagle" was THE rig to have back when the cellphone hadn't yet replaced the CB (I got $500 for mine when I sold it 25 years ago )