View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:01 PM
M is for Memory

I got it changed just fine. The motor survived, but barely. The motor just barely had the guts to close the window with the new regulator (I did try to work it closed a few times before getting the parts) so I replaced both the motor and the regulator (seems to be working good and fast albeit the factory motor was quieter). The steel bike cable in the regulator was frayed and jammed up the works (the metallic crunch I heard). It seems like crummy engineering to me using what amounts to a beefed-up motorized radio slide-rule dial string system in duplicate for a window regulator...If I had infinite time/money/motivation I'd probably try to take a gear arm mech like whats in my lincoln and adapt it.

I'm also beginning to better understand why the audio system sucks really bad (I remember renting one of these new in 03 and it sounding good). The driver's side woofer has no cone suspension left, and the coil is open...Darn thing has probably been entertaining me mostly on tweeters for the past 2 years. I think the rear passenger woofer only has bad foam since it distorts at highish volume...There is probably an intermittent voice coil or two because I've had channels lose and gain strength and change tone on me.
I couldn't find anything at the auto parts store with the same size normal metal speaker frame to pop into the plastic mount bracket...I'm going to have to shop around a bit, or hack up the mounts, but I'd like to minimize hack work...For now there is no drivers woofer...Not like it makes any difference from the last few months of there being a dead lump of metal mounted there.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4