View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Try turning the time-set knob. If it's real hard to turn, the clock movement is all gummed up.
The coil and laminations are known as the "field". Remove the field and rotor assembly and see if the pinion gear is turning. The output speed is 3.6 RPM.
I was finally able to get the clock to work, it turned out it was a bad rotor after all and the known good rotor I had wasn't installed correctly which is why it wasn't working with the known good rotor installed. Now I have a new problem, broken tuning string going from the tuning knob to the main tuning capacitor pulley, I replaced the original tuning string with a new one, but now I can't get the tuning knob to turn the tuning capacitor pulley, which would in turn rotate the pointer pulley, and I've tried stringing it every which way possible from what I remember it being strung up but no dice, what it does is that it will turn it toward the lower end of the tuning dial but it won't tune it toward the top of the dial because the tuning knob pulley just keeps rotating continuously within the tuning string and not actually turn the tuning string, and I don't have access to the service manual for this radio so I can see the stringing diagram for the tuner on this radio. It acts almost as if there isn't enough tension on the tuning knob but if I wrapped the tuning string anymore times around the tuning knob pulley I wouldn't have enough string to go around the tuning capacitor pulley, and its already wrapped around the tuning knob 4 times already (and 4 times is usually the maximum amount of times that I've seen tuning string wrapped around tuning knob pulleys on these old radios, because usually 3 times is the norm.)

Last edited by Captainclock; 12-21-2016 at 06:21 PM.