Thread: Capacitors!
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 01:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

Capacitors!

Okay. This seems as good of a place as any to ask the stupid question I have to ask.

I live in South Eastern Wisconsin, so normally I just drive out to a place called Chesters Electronics in Kenosha, Wisconsin and pick up the capacitors I need there.

I've grown sick of driving there for a small bag of parts, and paying their mark up. A lot of the parts they have handed out lately are NOS caps that are 30 plus years old. I'm sick of paying their mark-up on these little parts as well.

Where are good sites online I can go to, and order capacitors en mass? I'd like to be able to buy little kits of common values in those yellow ones I see so much lately. I've seen people selling them like that, I just forget where.

I'd also like to be able to go though and just buy 5+ of other values I think I will need so I can just stock my self up on caps, so I can just sit down at the bench and go nuts.

I'm going to attend an antique radio meet this coming Sunday in Milwaukee, Supposedly there is someone there that sells capacitors and such so I plan to raid his table and walk out with a healthy start on caps.

I just need a reliable place I can order from online.