View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 08:44 PM
M is for Memory

It would be fascinating if cable and sat let you pick and choose channels to have/pay for. There are a good number of floundering crap networks that ought to be out of business that would be, and it would reduce costs to NOT be propping up crap that no one watches....The internet is pushing us that direction...With hulu you have free choice of many networks, but with time delay. I've signed up to hulu. Now that analog cable is gone here and EVERY SET must have a box to get more than public access channels (the TWC/charter bastards are even encrypting the digital versions of the old analog channels :grr, we are running the "free" boxes that in a year or two will have $6 a head month rent charge...If hulu is good enough we may just drop cable once those boxes have rent cost....IMO they are off their nut if they think we'll put up with being charged ADDITIONAL monthly fees per set we want to hook up to watch TV.

I'd gladly pay a ONE TIME charge of $5-25 per box to buy the box, and have no monthly fee. It is just asinine to take away a service, then reincarnate it in a new way that grabs money on a NEW basis not previously charged for.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4