View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 04:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Grant View Post
There's no law that says you can't have cable and OTA. Get a converter box and an antenna, a cable switch, and three short cables. Hook the cable TV to "A", the converter box to "B", and the output to the transformer on the back of your roundie or TRK-12 that the cable TV had been plugged into.

If you are using a modern TV, it's even easier. Plug the antenna into the antenna input (no converter necessary), and the Cable TV service into another input (you'll get better sound, and likely better picture, if you do). You'll also be able to switch between CATV and OTA by remote.

I used OTA and subscription service together for more than fifteen years, before dropping the cable. OTA added channels in adjacent cities and local stations that didn't have must-carry, gave me HD when satellite was still SD, and allowed me to watch locals when cable or satellite were out.
I'll love too. Dont forget I cant receive crap over here even with an antenna as I noted before.I used to get all local stations before the switch just with rabbit ears.