Thread: An Analog Treat
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 03:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etype2 View Post
We did the same. Installed a self supporting 35 foot tower anchored in a concrete base. The antenna was the strongest available, the span was about 10 feet with a separate UHF antenna. Installed a 1/2 HP rotor to overcome and break heavy icing in winter. When we had ice storms, would rotate the antenna every few hours to avoid lock up. We were living in Walworth Wi. at the time. Milwaukee and Chicago stations came in crystal clear.
Yeah. Same here. I grew up in Genoa City on Park Street. 615 Park Street was my home address when I was a kid. We moved there in 1988, and had no cable. If you look at Google Street View today, you can still see the massive TV Tower behind the house, still there to this day!

We could aim it at any of the 4 local Cities. Chicago & Milwaukee were choice, but we could spin it around and get Madison, or Rockford as well, so we had a wide variety of local news stations to watch, and endless programming.

You were in this area! You remember the ghosts Channel 2 Chicago (WBBM) used to SUFFER in this area? I even remember when they raised their antenna on the John Hancock Tower to TRY and overcome the ghosting.