View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 12:22 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
If you're not getting the "and backwards" part, it's not electrical sense needed.

The picture was upside down. It was not really backward - left was still left and right was still right. But, the handedness of lettering was reversed - that is, if you turned yourself upside down so that the picture no longer appeared top at bottom and vice versa, the lettering would appear reversed, just as it does in a mirror.

If both vertical and horizontal were reversed, and you turned yourself upside down to view, lettering would appear normal.

----
If you're really talking about the electrical set up - he didn't say where the reverse winding (electron) current was going - it was going from the plate (now shorted to the black wire) to the boost tap, I believe.
THAT is what I was wondering about. With the original winding open--there should have been NO deflection at all-not reversed. So--there had to be a path for it somewhere. I understood the phase reversal--just not where it could RETURN to. I FIGURED it had to be to the boost tap.
Audiokarma