View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 06:14 AM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
So I split a big capacitor order among two suppliers for cheapness. One is important for a computer rebuild and urgently awaited.

Twas supposed to come today. Tracking indicates it's been sitting 15 minutes away at the local postal center since 11:30AM yesterday....Okay so it should have gotten here here today (tracking projection).
When I need more info than the online tracking provides, I open an inquiry online - the second or third page has more detailed info, including what "gun" scanned the package.

Post Office or Postal Facility? If it's at the hub (Postal Facility), they don't answer questions, except to another postal employee. They aren't customer service reps, as I've learned - all the customer service is at the post office, online, or at 1-800-ASK-USPS.

My last fiasco was just before Christmas - a package I sent was "out for delivery" for 4 days. An inquiry showed it to be on the carrier's truck, stuck somehow. My aunt had received it 3 days prior. The inquiry later showed the gun scanning it for delivery, but the gun had died before being uploaded, so the data was "delayed" a bit...

Counterpoint - I've never lost a domestic package with USPS, but UPS was a nightmare for me back in the mid-2000s. Two tool sets (crated, 3 Cu-ft) shipped from Maryland to Jacksonville, FL just disappeared - 11 months later they showed up in a US Customs Auction, where we redeemed them before sale. UPS had tried to ship them to Jalisco, Mexico, and was stopped when customs papers had nothing but phone numbers. UPS refused to refund the shipping amount until we had a letter sent from the US Attorney's office in Baltimore.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!