View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 06:44 PM
M is for Memory

Thanks!
The old TV repair gurus(VS a college electrical engineering student with an appreciation for classic tech like me) are more the true VK'ers in my book....Although if I was born some decades earlier I'm convinced I would have taken that route in life.

I could likely fit a roundy in the trunk, but I don't think it would close...

Only commute I have presently is ~25 miles to college. So gas should not be a killer.
I'm fairly sure it is a C6 transmission in it. I've never been behind the wheel of a manual equipped car. And only since a friend of mine got one have even known someone that presently has one....I considered possibly getting a manual equipped car when looking, but there were none that seemed worth the hassle of re-learning how to drive.

The electrical is going to be interesting. The high beams, miles to empty computer, and the power door locks are all not working. One of the interior turn signal indicator lights is intermittent too (the signal it's self is fine though). All that will be fun to trouble shoot for me....Though it ticks me off that the factory electrical manual lacks schematic detail of the workings of the radio and the miles to empty computer. Thanks to the manuals I bought I now know that the high beams could only be stuck on as they are if a relay/diode, wiring, or the foot switch are bad so it should be easy to fix.

I'll have to remember to change the vacuum hoses. When we have time a college buddy of mine who likes to work on cars and I are going to work on the tuning, though it seems fairly good presently. Last weekend we changed the oil, and did some work on the holes in the exhaust (it remains unfinished).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma