View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Believe me when I tell you, I'm far from a perfectionist....I'm a realist. I don't have any high standards that are intimidating him here.....I just don't think he realized the amount of work it takes to complete something like this.

I knew that when I got the car. And now, my son understands this....but it's things like this you can't explain....you have to experience. I told him that this past summer was the last summer he will have for the next 50 years all to himself.....from there, he'll have an employer that owns a good share of his time.

I'm very proud of the amount of work he's done, and I'm not upset in the least that he's changing tack.....sometimes in life you need to learn when to say when and not let pride get in the way of accomplishing something that may not be important enough to you to do. It's all about choices and opportunity cost.....and why I'm half tempted to finish the thing to show him what he could've done if he wanted to.