View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 10:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
I think the "correct low capacitance cable" is mixing up two things: low capacitance and good shielding. You need both.

I don't know how the linear tracking mechanism works. Could there be a small motor that drives it that comes on and produces the hum? At this point, I would take the question over to AudioKarma.
And Unfortunately I know very little about the Linear Track Record players except that they work similar to how a CD Player works, and from what little information I could find about linear track record players on the internet through other forums is that most of them use p-mount type cartridges which are usually of the MM type and those generally require low capacitance connecting cables from what I read (and what one of the members on here said).
I don't think its the motor for driving the tonearm that's introducing the hum because its very well shielded to prevent such interference with the audio.

I definitely think its an audio cable issue or something along those lines because from what little research I can find online about the SL-V5 turntable it definitely needs special audio cable, but as to where to source it at cheaply without having to spend a C-Note for it is what I'm trying to figure out.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 06-08-2019 at 11:07 AM.