View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 12:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
Are all of these switches momentary contact? The mechanics of this one aren't clear to me. There must be a little spring or rubber somewhere to push it back out, but all of mine are completely loose. (To make that two-frame animation, I pulled it out and then pushed it in, where it remained.)

Phil Nelson
I remember taking apart a similar-looking (non functioning) switch years ago... there was just a little conductive rubber donut that when compressed the center portion (where the hole should be) made momentary resistive contact to a pair of electrodes at the bottom of the switch. The push-button was rather loose and flobby with very little travel required to make "contact".
Just played with my set a bit more, and indeed some of the buttons *do* respond heavy pressure. Scan up/down can be forced to work sometimes, by pushing down hard on the tops of the buttons. I can't get the indicator button to do anything. If I push down hard on the band select button for a second or so and release it with a snap by sliding my finger off the front edge, I can nearly always get the band to change... YMMV!

jr