View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 09:14 AM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notimetolooz View Post
Of course some of us consider getting old test equipment working just as interesting and useful as fixing up a radio or TV. But you do have to start with some working equipment you can believe in.
Therein lies my issue with this whole thing. But I do agree, I got this specifically because I wanted to learn how to get it working. I just didn't realize how complicated confirming it as working would be.

I decided last night to pick up another patch cable that I can use instead of jumping through the transmitter connection. It's the same cable I'm using there, just not connected to anything. I'll plan to open the cabinet, bypass the connector and cable with some alligator clips into the unit, then repeat the AF test. Maybe I'll have more luck.

While I'm in there, I'm going to compare the diagrams on the schematic with what's actually wired there. I know I didn't change anything, but I have no knowledge on the history of this unit. It's possible it was assembled incorrectly.