View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 12:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Guessing this is it:

I have never seen a 260 that has that style of knobs, but I am a Triplet guy.

jr
Yes, that's the one. As you can see, people were fighting me over it as far as bidding. Once I got it, I was amazed at the immaculate condition of the meter and it's manual. The thing is as close to true mint condition as I have ever seen.

In my many second thoughts and knowing how crafty people can be with words on Ebay in proving that there is a sucker born every day, I thought OK, so it has red letters and no series designation. Anyone could color the letters red AND there are a number of types that don't give the series, or at least a couple.

The most intriguing thing really is the control knob configuration. I did see pictures of others somewhere in my search with such controls, but there was no explanation of what they were. And again, there was nothing on the Simpson260 site unless I missed something by accident.

Either way I guess it boils down to I now have a super nice VOM (like I needed another meter) that bears some intrigue to certain people somewhere....