View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Restoring an admiral c322

Got tired of seeing this collect dust on the bench so I'm back at it. Halfway through the recapping procedure and decided to do a mid course status check. I noticed the tuner has no effect on the picture and is completely dead. So I had to inject a composite signal to G1 of the video output. The video circuit is new to me atleast. There is not a video amp tube before the output tube. I'm guessing the 4 stage IF eliminates the need for one? Considering most of the newer production sets (CTC 5, 7, 10 etc) use a 3 stage IF instead of 4 and add a video amp tube. This setup threw me off guard when I went to inject a composite signal, I didnt think it would work since the output is past the delay line and the signal would effectively not even pass through the delay line so the chromanince and luma signals would be all out of wack. I was able to get a picture which is pretty incoherent, but it does show signs of life! I still am wondering if composite video can be effectively injected in this set, I have moy doubts. The carrier video voltage is only 1 volt though so no preamp should be needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180816_203613.jpg (34.6 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 20180815_204605.jpg (72.0 KB, 40 views)

Admiral C322C2 Regent (Restoring)
RCA CTC-7 Pensbury (Restored)
RCA CTC-5 Westcott (Restored)
CRA CTC--4 Director 21 (Restoring)

Last edited by SwizzyMan; 08-16-2018 at 08:23 PM.