View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

100% CRT usage over here. A 19" CTC97 RCA XL100 in the living room, a mid '80's 19" Sony Trinitron in the computer room, a '69 Zenith B&W console in the shop, a 13" KTV from '86 in my bedroom, a mid '90's Sharp 19" in my Mother's bedroom, a 13" Sharp in the kitchen, and a '76 Zenith Chromacolor II in the basement. I've also got a few '60's and '70's sets that are on my "to fix" list. I like these older TV's and I'm trying to build my stash of them so I won't have to buy a new TV.

Unlike most people my age, I'm not interested in LCD, Plasma, DLP, or whatever the "new must have" technology is. Most of my "friends" that are buying this new crap are just trying to keep up with their buddy down the road. Some of these sets look pretty good and some don't. None look good enough for me to pay what they cost. I know someone who dumped $3K on an LCD set 2 or 3 years ago and the picture is not as good as any of my CRT sets. The only LCD set here is a broken 20" Emerson that was free from the TV shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyldavid View Post
Someday I'll have enough technical expertise to work on an old color Zenith (seventies model, weighs a TON), and get that back up and running....IIRC the focus is bad....that would be COOL to have.
Most of us on here love Zenith's of that era and we would be more than happy to help you with it.

Is yours solid state or tube? Floor model or a table model in a steel cabinet?

I used to get a lot of those monster Zenith's from the '60's and '70's and they were good sets. I'm still trying to find an all tube or mostly tube Zenith color TV in either a steel cabinet or a console.