Thread: AMC Eagle
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 06:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixmeplease View Post
I was the poster i think and I was speaking of Ford C6's. What you said might happen but Ive never seen it, never had one that missed 2nd gear. i do know missing 2nd gear with an auto tranny would not stop me from driving it until it quit.

Ive never had a new vehicle and never had one with under 100K miles and drive them until they rust into 3 pieces and never lost 2nd gear. That does not mean you are wrong, but I think it must be rare.

Working in a shop you will see things like that though, and there were millions of C6 Fords made so I imagine you did get some of them. The only thing I personally remember people I knew doing to them was having shift kits installed as they can be sluggish.
well no doubt a shift kit would have eliminated the problem with the rubber check balls disintegrating but it happened more then you would think and transmission shops also said the same but the rubber balls could not be substituted with steel balls I'm not really sure why but a shift kit would have had the steel balls. So I guess you were a lucky one never to have this type of problem and I'm sure there were more c6 transmissions out there that were fine compared to the ones with a check ball problem , I'm sure it was widespread.