View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Case in point: I like to watch Star Trek. I'm not a trekkie.

If you like to watch MLP, nothing wrong with that. You didn't indicate your "level of participation" here, so don't take immediate offense to people who don't immediately "get" the full blown "brony" lifestyle, because I admit that I don't either.

Watching Star Trek, for example, is one thing.....devoting your life to the pursuit of Kolinahr is freaking weird. That wouldn't gain currency here either. For devotees of Seinfeld, for example, I will publically state that I think Festivus poles are stupid

Remember the general demographic of the participants here; we're older guys by and large that in our teens listened to Led Zeppelin or 80s pop....we don't understand millennial trends any more than our parents understood ours....so if you're expecting acceptance of a full blown "brony" lifestyle right out of the box, you're in the wrong crowd.

If you like to watch it that's cool It's one thing to love a TV show, it's another to live it.....whether it's Seinfeld, Star Trek, or MLP.

I did a little Googling on it, and it labeled "bronyism" as a "millenial escape". All I had was cheap beer