View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 03:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Trash picked '68 Zenith console stereo

We left to go to the store and I spotted what looked like the back of a console stereo sitting out front for the garbage at a house two doors down from me. I was praying that it would still be there when I returned and it was; but, it's a little ragged. It's a middle of the road '68 Zenith solid state model with a handwired chassis and 12" speakers; but, the dial glass is busted, the corners are banged up, the lid is dismounted,the back is barely hanging on by 2 or 3 screws, and one of the decorative drawer pulls is busted off. When I see a back that's barely hanging, I usually find that someone has ripped out the amp and/or speakers; but, everything looks intact. I have a feeling that all this happened after it was put out for the trash because the kids over here like to tear up stuff and I'm a little PO'ed that the owner, knowing that I like this kind of stuff, didn't ask me if I wanted it before she put it out to the street (before it got banged up). Anyway, it was free and if it can't be fixed, I'll use it for parts.

This is a model X932 and even though I said it was a 1968 model in the title, it's actually a '67 model.

Last edited by radiotvnut; 12-12-2015 at 03:18 PM.