View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerking View Post
kvlfyer;

Ah, my old stomping grounds in Catonsville, MD... Lived there for 25 years while working for HP. What a nightmare the traffic was getting around the beltways when I left for NH in 2003. I'm sure the Springfield VA "mixing bowl" is now nothing more than total KAOS since I left. Yeah, this guy trying to sell that CA model analyzer is out of his mind (IMHO) and has been listing it for many, many months; no price change. Without a good power transformer, any vintage cap tester is pretty much worthless.

Tom (PK)
Hi Tom. Yes, the traffic here is still a nightmare. My name is Don Cavey. I went through the Mixing Bowl a few weeks ago. Driving up from my new home in Fernandina Beach, FL. Traffic was just fine... until the Mixing Bowl. Then the usual that you remember, stop and go. I can't wait to get back to Florida for good.

Anyway, back to the Solar. I don't have one but eventually (when I finish moving) would like to add one to the collection. In addition to my junk around here, I like vintage test equipment. Several of us were criticized one day for fixing "useless/inaccurate" old test equipment. What I mentioned was that yes, we know that a modern Fluke meter is more accurate. Hmmm, maybe collecting and restoring vintage test equipment is ALSO a hobby!

So, back to the subject line, hope it gets fixed and is brought back into use.