View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:27 AM
The glass is -3dB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdave3 View Post
Hey, thanks for posting this. I have one without a case- anybody have one?- and in shambles. This helps with values on components.
It's just a wooden box with some fancy two-piece hinges, a latch, and a handle. I don't think I could spend more than about $50 building one out of something exotic like genuine solid hardwood and vintage hardware from the internet.

You're in the best possible situation to have the internals but no box, versus somebody out there who probably has the box and most of the internals save one unobtainable part...

If you're still looking for boxes once mine arrives, I'll take a look at the construction and consult with my better half as to what wood it's made of and how hard it is to duplicate it, but I bet I could ship you the pieces IKEA style and you'd just have to lash it up with some wood-glue and screws. Eyeballing photos I'm sure we could make one out of plain old pine for a few bucks, or something less "pauper's coffin" for $25-40 or so.

Yes, the girlfriend does most of the woodworking in the relationship. It seems to work just fine that way...