View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
PS , yes I DO use an adblocker with firefox and no , I do NOT feel one bit guilty , I have been literally bombarded by intelligence insulting vapid advertising for better than 60 odd years now , and I believe I've seen quite enough of it to last TWO lifetimes .....
I'm old enough to have seen a lot of commercials on cable when it was still worth watching, and besides, I rarely buy anything new so there's no point in my viewing ads to begin with.

I'm using an old HP-Compaq microtower from about 2006-7 which *could* have been a good machine had HP not deliberately crippled it, i.e. by rigging the PCIe x16 slot so it can't use a graphics accelerator card. Oh well, I got a free Lenovo a little while back with a useful PCIe x16 slot that can take 16 gigs of RAM so I'll build that one up as I can.

By the way I also use NoScript Security Suite but it's kind of a pain as I have to manually whitelist scripts just to get sites to work. Once all those I use regularly are covered it's all right though. Sometimes I can't see or use something on a site and don't know what's blocking it; in that case I just go over to Chrome.

Last edited by Jon A.; 08-08-2017 at 07:16 PM.