View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Yup....was just a little fuzzy with whatever dust was on it. A quick blast of the canned air cleaned off quite a bit of REAL fine dust....hit that whole neck board with a real soft worn out toothbrush but didn't get much more after the little shot of air.

Probly this weekend I'll get around to dusting the remainder of the set. Not really much else to do with it. I may look into what appears to be a REALLY minor geometry problem. I notice when watching HD content from the cable box (letterbox), I notice the center JUST a tad narrower. I think I may remember this as "pincushion", but it's a very slight case. I don't see this at all with a fullscreen picture, even if I play with vertical size. I'll put a crosshatch on it sometime over the weekend and see if maybe the set just hates that letterbox picture from the cable box.

The little part of course DOES look like any ceramic cap I've ever seen...EXCEPT I just don't recall ever seeing one that looks "naked" on the bottom like that. BOTH of them on the neck board do look exactly the same though. Also, since I've started molesting the set and cleaning what little dust...messing with the CRT socket/board connection, it's not at all given me that problem. I've even put the cap back that I removed...and still not.

Last edited by AiboPet; 07-26-2012 at 10:34 PM.