View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 10:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Hannover, Germany (..where PAL was born! - so Telefunken said)
Hello Chuck!
Special thanks to you, not only because of your kind words about the launch, but also because of your work, your museum, your great and enormous website.
Of course, I watched how the "Texas bucket" hit you and had to pause it many times to check what is to be seen in the background. Wow - that really is a kind of a reference! Is that a TK-76 up there on the gallery? - There were not so many cameras made with a blue body.
Oh sorry, there are of course much more rare and more special cameras to be found in your display (the huge studio super orthicon cameras e.g.) it's just that the TK is the next thing I am after..
And if that would be an 47, it'll be fine, too. One of the very few U.S. Studio cameras that was ever been sold to a German TV Station, the ZDF bought many of them in 1980 (or so). I really like it's unusual design, especially the shape of the body.

I think I have a new favorite place to visit on my next (and first) stay in Texas. The Houston Space center and the Alamo now are on two and three..

And its not only what is to be seen inside, even your building is (..will be) very stylish.
Will that be more Art Deco like, in Miami, or is it more "Bauhaus style".
Anyway, it is going to look great!

Best, Stefan

Last edited by dauberich; 11-21-2015 at 10:47 AM.