View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion8
I listen to AM radio all the time. With all the mountains in my area, it actually propagates a lot better than FM. All the FM stations need translators over in the next fjord/valley so their signal can reach more people. Besides, AM has the better PBS stations and local news. The best station plays big band and polka early in the morning, and then contemporary pop for most of the afternoon although they are heavily rooted in oldies.
I'm an AM junky too although when I go to work, it is FM only since AM cannot get through the building. At least we do have a local FM talker here, I always loved talk radio but lately, I listen to music more since I'm burned out on politics although I still listen to Glenn Beck during the days and Savage at night, I still like to know what's going on. I also like Chuck Harder on shortwave but oly when I go into and come home from work early. Rush is too trite and ingrained and Hannity, he's generally OK, but he's a little too repetitious for me, both are a little too mainstream, I admit I'm a little complicated politically. So music it is.

KDKA-AM is the other big talker here, even though the FM'er is running them into the ground, they have local hosts usually, although they used to carry Rush until the FM'er took him away. They used to have Bill O'Reilly, I listened to him more than Rush, but they bumped him up to nighttime and they have that loudmouth Kramer guy on. That station, every since it went from Westinghouse, locally owned to CBS owned, it really has gone down the toilet although not as fast up until 2003 when the FM talker, WPGB 104.7 Mc came online. Another local talker here is WPTT 1360 kc, some of the hosts one national and one local lean to the left but one host I like, Doug Hoerth tends to be more middle of the road and somewhat apolitical, talking about movies and general everyday stuff, I like to listen to that too.