View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Hehehehehe... Now, if I could just demonstrate/show off the Fine Art of Target shooting....... Start off easy & simple, just a bolt action/lever action .22LR a Browning Lever Action 22, simple scope, poke full of empty coke cans, a few fence posts, & they're all set. Guarantee I'd have 'em callin' their shots in no time.. Would HOPE I'd get a few Grrrls, too... Been MY experience, over 30 yrs of this, girls/ladies often have BETTER hand to eye coordination than boys/men, PROPORTIONALLY better upper body strength-that doesn't matter too much w/22s, tho-And Females DON'T have 50 centuries of Macho Bullshit eggin' them on. They also seem to "Take" to target shooting, once they try it a bit, quite readily. Once, a long time back my sister left me to the clutches of this 10, 12 yr old gal, who was one of those LOVELY kinda kids that you REALLY wanted to Pinch Her Head Off... I had no ideer wtf to do w/this Harpy-in-training, but I had a Chipmunk single shot bolt action .22, which was sized for a kid, a box or 2 of shells, requisite empty cans, & we set to. Kid started w/the whiny-ass voice, I kept pushing, she started plinkin' the cans off, her daddy & my sister came over, started praising Jackie, the kid,, we ALL ended up havin' a very nice afternoon. Too bad my sister & the kid's Dad had a big fallin' out-My sister is a full bore Horse Nut, trust me, They're WAY worse than any of us are, by at least a couple of "Forces of Magnitude" than we are about old radios 'n' TVs..