View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
I really wish we weren't so far apart as I still have a pretty much identical set that I'd gladly give you. I just hate to part it out. If it ever happens that I just have to junk it, I'll be sure and save that back.
Hi Bryan, it's been a while! Hope everything is going well for you. Yeah, I would hate to see a decent example of what to me is one of the best products that I have ever owned or seen. These models are certainly as "plain Jane" as they come I guess, but the performance is astounding. Maybe I just got lucky and make a bigger deal out of these Philcos then they actually deserve. I have forgotten whether or not yours is in working order. If it is not, I bet it wouldn't take much to get it going. The serviceability factor is another thing I love! I can have the chassis out of mine in less than 5 minutes if needed (usually for a dusting).

On a second note, it seems to me that once you told me that you are/were and electronics tech back when I was trying to get my degree. Since then I finished with flying colors (4.0 GPA). Of course, since getting that magic paper in my hand and on my resume (and going to work), it didn't take long to realize that being a controls tech, or working in plant maintenance, is not all that it's cracked up to be, but it's better than where I was at before and who knows what the future holds. It sure would have been good to be in electronics about 60 years ago! That would be a TON more exciting than troubleshooting industrial systems!