Thread: I lost it all.
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 05:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
But I'm totally in the wrong here. I'm tired of illogical thinking, it makes not only no sense whatsoever, it is the reason I have been kicked out of two locations now, because I seem to be the only one with logical though, except my mother. My mother lives with her parents as well, so my mother is in this house as well, and SHE can't stand it either and plans to possibly get an apartment once she can, so we both can just escape. She doesn't like my old TV collection either, but at least she understands why I do it, and doesn't tell me *no*.
Cold logic is how you can win a chess game, or troubleshoot a defective piece of equipment, but it doesn't help much in interactions with other humans. People are not logical, generally speaking, they're emotional, they're superstitious, and above all they need to feel appreciated.

Try and think about two things - 1. How to make your grandparents happy, such that a roof will continue to be over your head, and 2. How to make enough money that you're free to pursue whatever it is that makes YOU happy.

To achieve the first goal, don't worry about who is right or wrong, just focus on making them happy. Do some cooking and cleaning, be there to talk to them, and don't get in the way of their routines.

Unless you're Jay Leno, a Youtube channel is a hobby pursuit, it is very unlikely to pay the rent. They probably perceive this as a useless way to spend time, and if you do a calculation of time invested versus cashflow, I really doubt they will be proved wrong. How many dollars an hour can you make doing this? How many dollars a week does that turn into, and per month? Can this money pay the bills? If not, find something that can.

I guarantee, if you get up at 7 in the morning every day, make breakfast, and then start working on a plan to achieve something, and then work on doing it, you'll end up doing something positive. Make a spreadsheet - what is the minimum monthly cash flow you need to keep the lights on? Then focus on how to get this money. I would suggest to suspend any and all hobby activities until this much money is coming to you every month. No job? then the job is applying for jobs...

Once you get your house in order, you can then re-start hobbies, but on your own terms. At that time it will be a rewarding break from normal routine.

Another thing to consider, is that grandparents won't be around forever. Mine are gone, and yours will be too - Are you sure you want your memories of them to be arguments about where and when to use a computer?