Thread: I lost it all.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
Update: My grandfather worked out some things with me, and we all helped each other this morning set things up. I was surprised, because of my loss of my TV collection, my grandfather gave me his last and only CRT TV left, to help me out. Wow, total shocker.

Well, it's a newer CRT, I'm guessing one of the last perhaps, certainly not a real RCA. But it has YPrPb inputs, and oddly has an ATSC tuner. I didn't know they sold standard definition CRT's with ATSC tuners in them.

https://i.imgur.com/l3iP6mw.jpg

So, I have one TV now, at least. I'll keep it at just one, but it needs to be cleaned, tuned up, etc. I still have a CRT tester, and to my amazement, ALL guns are super strong, so it may have been low hours, despite the scuffs on the set itself..

Anyway, my grandparents and I are getting along well today, I had a nice long talk with my grandmother last night about a lot of things.
Getting back on track already, noice. We can't do everything by ourselves or be prepared for everything, that's fo shizzle. Also, there's no "one size fits all" approach to living. The FROG method (it's an acronym, look it up if you like) works very well for me; I was resistant to relinquishing the position of first in command of my own life for many years but it's just better this way, I'm far more relaxed knowing my back is being watched at all times. I've gotten out of enough scrapes by unexpected means to know it works, and there's no burden of feeling like I need to "earn" that favor.