View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sealtest, I have the exact same set lol with a Sony KV-4000 sitting on top of it. Also a Betamax SL2000 and a TT2000 on it. Currently has Verticle deflection shrinkage and needs some recapping. It is the next project in line after getting my Sony 5-303W finished. When I worked at the shop this set had a bad CRT and the customer didn't want to fix it so the shop inherited it and I said I would buy it. Back then you could buy new replacement CRT's. I think they were new because they had a plant in San Diego way back then. Buy yourself a schematic from Howard SAMs. They offer downloads or paper versions. Start recapping vert and Horiz sections and power supply area. Your jug doesn't look that bad. These were fairly reliable when they worked. SG613 components could be a bear when they shorted out. So from what I see you already have a raster and tuner and video circuitry working so that's half the battle. Just keep going. Keep the forum updated as you have question and enjoy the project. Good to you. It's always great seeing old vintage stuff working.
Sony KV-1220U

Last edited by Popester; 03-19-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Spelling