View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 05:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hickok Color Bar Order

John. Comparing your Hickok 656 top thumbnail with my Hickok 655 top jpg. They both appear almost identical layouts. I would very much welcome your kind offer to scan your 656 schematic. Hopefully it is small enough to fit on one jpg? I’ve looked thru my ‘50's color TV documents, RCA Engineers Digest and IRE preceedings to verify the Hickok generated color bars. They all agree with the order: red, yellow, green, cyan, blue, magenta, white. The masking tape stuck on my 655 lists: green, yellow, red, magenta, white, cyan, blue? Your actual screen shot sorta looks like neither! The 1954 IRE Proceedings first discussed the merits of arranging the order of bar colors to permit a decreasing luminance or monochrome component of 1.00 white down to .11 blue.This produced the current order: white, yellow, cyan, green, magenta, red, blue. I’m looking forward getting my big beast Hickok 655 displaying on my big beast RCA 21CT55 the original official color bars of pre 1954 or my masking tape or whatever! Thanks again for your interest and support....Tom

Last edited by Tomcomm; 12-08-2013 at 09:39 AM.