View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 08:41 PM
<----Zenith C845

RetroFormat 32:

I know exactly what you're going through. Eighteen years ago, I left a 3-bedroom house in a Cleveland suburb and moved to a one-bedroom apartment in a very small town, 12 miles east of my former residence but in the same county.

I don't know how you are going to fit a Hammond organ collection, to say nothing of everything else you mention, in an apartment the size of yours; I had to get rid of an awful lot of my stuff when I moved to my place. Took me the better part of a year just to get settled here, and another year to get used to living in a small town after having lived in a good-sized suburb most of my life.

However, it's been worth it, although it hasn't been easy since I don't adjust easily to change. Looking back on it now, though, as I said, it was worth all the aggravation and frustration I went through. I wish you all the best in your new apartment; I hope as well you can find the room for all those Hammond organs--I hope they don't crowd you out of the place. I have a very difficult time imagining how you will have enough room in a one-bedroom apartment for your furniture and all, in addition to the organ collection. I think, though, from what I read in your post, you won't be in the apartment that long if you are looking for a house, so things will probably work out for the best.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.