View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 08:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohyodafarted View Post
That was GREAT! I don't know about the younger people of our hobby, but I grew up watching Lassie as a kid, and that is why I have had many Collies in my lifetime. You can see photos and stories about most of our Collies in the "About" section of my web site. What was most interesting was seeing Lassie watch TV. Most dogs don't pay much attention to television, but just like you saw on this episode of Lassie, my Collies will watch tv with me, especially when they see dogs or any kind of animals on the screen. Although a lot of what you see Lassie do in the series is direction from his trainer Rudd Weatherwax, much of the behaviors you see Lassie perform is instinctual Collie behavior. Collies are among the more intelligent dog breeds. They have strong herding instinct and make great family pets, and are very protective of their family and their flock. And....they bark a lot. As anyone who has ever had Collies will tell you, Collies are a very special breed of dog. If you would like to read more about our Collies, the link to my website is at the bottom of this post.
When I was a kid I remember a neighbor having a Collie. I thought it was such a "regal" looking dog. Very tame and the fur was soft as silk. Beautiful dogs.
Tom - It's true the 7" Motorola's are very common, but it's going to quickly get to a point where finding a real primo example will be tough. It's basically like that now. You see still see them often, but in various states of disrepair. A while back I searched long and hard to find a nice complete 9T1. I actually had to use two sets to make one good working one.
Audiokarma