View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post

These flys do have different "part" numbers stamped on them, 906141-501 and 906152-501 but the RCA and Sams both reference 113382. My best guess is that THordarson and others were improved copies of the original, but only RCA offered a "factory upgrade" of the focus rectifier from stick to tube. The mounting/tight hole for the pulse coil, FC and BB wires were an exact copy of the original. The D-lead is the red one in the front, disappearing under the chassis. It fits like a glove.

Attachment 197037

After looking how this fits the CTC15, it is the correct but "factory-improved" replacement. And since most clones were CTC15 anyway, would not fit my CTC12 and is certainly not for a 16,16X and later. This fly was bought from Moyers about 17 years ago, back when "high - failure rate " parts were not so scarce. Also, buy the time this fly was packed at RCA (1975), few repairman wanted to mess with these fine sets anymore, so it sat waiting for a buyer
It's been ages since I replaced one of those. 35 or almost 40 years ago. I even forgot what it looked like.
RCA was always a PITA with their part numbering scheme, where the part was stamped with a "drawing number" and it was catalogued under a "stock number". GE did it almost the same way, even before the takeover of RCA.