View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:37 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
I don't want to pick on Bob Dobush, I've considered him a friend for many years, and he is very valuable to Steve, the museum, and our hobby.

But we sure could use the space he uses for storage in the auction room so that there would be room for everyone to sit down and stay out of the way. We all know the room is too small, perhaps now we'll finally all realize that it's time to do something about it.

Back before there was a CRT rebuilding room indoors there was enough space (at least for the amount of stuff auctioned back then*) for the auction and Bob's stuff, but since that was built I have to agree with Jim that there is too much stuff that is not part of the auction crowding the auction...If the back room keeps filling in like this the number of items being auctioned is going to have to be limited, or the entire thing will need to move outdoors (perhaps under a big tent)... 2-3 more rows of TVs in that auction would have meant removing the chairs.

I've actually been thinking along the lines of Jim for a few years I just kept my trap shut because I'm not fond of rocking the boat.

*Heck I remember years where a part of the swapmeet occupied the current indoor auction space and there was still seemingly enough room.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4