View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 10:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfixer View Post
All might not be lost. See if you can get a schematic for this beast. You may be able to simply remove the gates that are in the video stream, or apply your RGB video to the output of this daughterboard directly. This monitor looks a lot like the original 20EZV arcade monitors which had cabinets rather than metal open-frame chassis.
Thanks for the tip. That thought has crossed my mind too after I read a post online by someone who tapped into the input lines of the jungle IC of an older CRT to create an analog RGB input. But there are a few challenges. For one, I can't even find an owner's manual for this TV, let alone a service manual. I've looked up the Sanyo 20-EZV and found its circuit diagram, but that does not seem to have a digital RGB input. so it does not give me any hints on how the input daughterboard works in my TV. Although I can certainly manage soldering a few wires to contact points on the circuit boards, I really don't understand enough electronics to be able to trace the lines on the input daughterboard to figure out where the digital RGB signal is converted to analog. Even if I did find the proper points to tap into, how would I know if the signal voltage corresponds to the signal voltage of a standard analog RGB signal? Or is there some reason to believe that it should?