View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:00 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
The key deciding factor in where to post something, though, is the "AC/DC" part. Pretty much, if it takes or can take batteries, it's for the portables arena.

I tried to make the descriptions as clear as possible, maybe if we rewrite something there it might become a bit more clear? Remember, Portables can also be those LCD Citizen sets as well.
How about maybe "Mini, Micro, and Pocket TVs" in stead of "Transistor portables", as I think that a screen size parameter would clear up (for those visiting & new), the difference between a full-size portable transistorized TV from the early 70s and the minis... One issue is that of course many of the tiny sets didn't use batteries, or were primarily desktop sets (i.e. Sony KV-4000, Sony KV-7010, and Sharp 3LS36). True there were external battery packs available, and they were all AC-DC capable. But I think of battery sets as the Panasonic 1.5" and the Sinclair, etc.

Definitely no stress intended, and it might just be me. I haven't actually looked to see if anyone is misposting.

Charles

Last edited by kx250rider; 01-23-2013 at 08:04 AM.