View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Bob Galanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
That was fun getting the CTC5 out, I bought from him.
I saw the GE then. That cabinet seems very large compared to the other 15" models.
Ask Bob G. if he remembers getting John Folsom's Admiral out of that upper flat in Sheboygan. That was fun too!
Yes I remember removing that Admiral 15" set. It was in a 2nd floor room of a hoarder's house. The winding stairwell path to the 2nd floor was only wide enough to walk one foot in front of the other. First floor of the house was so packed that the owner had to crawl over a pile of stuff in the doorway to the bedroom to get to the bed. It took us several of hours to clear the 2nd floor hallway and the winding stairwell to the 1st floor. But well worth the effort because the set had a good 15G and it is an ultra rare set. The Admiral has a very unique cabinet design in which the front swings up and rearward to access the chassis for service and adjustments. VERY COOL!! Admiral did a great job designing that set. Wish I had one.

Here's a photo of the ADmiral sitting in my van after we exhumed it from the hoard house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5731.jpg (71.4 KB, 119 views)

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com