View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 02:19 PM
AK Member

Wellll I did all the tests electroking told me to do.
The 12c5 at cathode has +122v after warm up.
Pin 11 of the picture tube has 120-140 volts depending on channel.( Tuned or not tuned)
pin 2 goes up to 70 volts then down to zero as you adjust brightness.(not exactly 120v)
The resistor you mentioned I also suspected of being shot. But with very close inspection you can still see a brown then green then brown stripe. JUST BARELY. And the resistor reads 127 ohms on my meter(Which is not the greatest, but it works) so it's kinda close. But maybe not close enough?
The capacitor you saw I will replace momentarilly I did order some of those charred brown looking ones. Also the one paper cap in the tuner circuit.

Oh and I almost forgot. I do think I tested the HV rect tube when i tested all the others. I'm pretty sure it was within spec. And I know that I am always very careful pulling things like that out and putting then back in. SO I'm pretty sure that tube is fine but if you insist I check again I will be glad to.

And the HV is in the thousands I am guessing. So it would probably blow my meter which only goes to 1000vdc.

Could those little paper caps really be stopping any picture from being produced?

I also have one more electrolytic I should change. But I dont have the exact replacement. It is 200 mfd. and I Have 100 and some 30's. I think I may just strap them all together till I get close. It's better than nothing right?

Rudy

P.S. What actually makes the picture tube glow. With these voltages should I at least have a dot on the screen already?