View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 03:34 PM
AK Member

Ineteresting.....Because there is no 33 ohm resistor hooked up to that tube. And the voltage I got across pin 8's resistor was only .5 volts. This is the one that you said looked burnt or possibly dead. and it supposed to be 150 ohms according to it's bands.
I will go look some more and also test the voltage at from chassis to pin 8 and see if i get the 3.6 volts it should have.
And I looked at the screen and I'm not seeing any bright spot. And I can clearly hear the buzz/whinning sound most crt tv's make. Is this a good sign the ht is working?

Cause if so..It brings me back to my original thoughts which is that the pic tube is dead......But I really hope not.

I did the test from pin 8 to chassis . Only .5 volts .....

Little more info: I made the other 200uf and put it in. Then replaced that yellow cap which was burnt. And still no picture.
And this scared me. But every now and then I hear arcing.....!This is during tube warm up and I always shut it off asap! It may be from my shabby work I did putting in the caps but boy was it scary. Usually it doesn't though

Last edited by JesusJones; 09-24-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Did test