View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 04:49 PM
AK Member

Sounds good. Gimmi half an hour maybe less

Ok and I have checked checked and rechecked pin 8. It does have a .1 mfd cap but its definatley a cap that has brown green brown bands on it. And it measures in at 126 ohms or so. It doesn't really look like it was put in by someone else, but who knows.

And another side not... There is a wire in the crt pins that connects two of them together. It looks like it is supposed to be there. And in the schem I thought I saw something that resembles this on the schematic so it may be right BUt just thought I'd put it out there. Its from pin 10 to pin 6 of the crt.

And you are onto something here. My meter gave me zero volts at pin 10 of the crt. 0v And the damper tubes seems to go through a variable resistor before reaching the crt, if I am right. This is for adjustment for vertical height located at the back of the TV.

"This brings me back to arcing. It seems the damper tube is connected to the same hv coil as the 1x2b.(I'm guessing that's how it boosts it) When I had the cage off I saw this transformer coil w/e it is. It sorta looked chipped The rubbery coating sorta flaked off. Maybe the arcing happened there somewhere causing some sorta problem with the damper tube causing my 0 voltage at G2. This is just a huge guess but I noticed there connected through this so it could be true. " This is a BIG GUESS
Audiokarma