View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 06:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

I am making progress now. Looks like I will go with CRST Specialized Transportation Inc. They offer white glove service in padded vans and managed logistics. I've used them before for moving two stacks of computer servers from NY and they did an excellent job. We are mounting the TRK-12 to a custom built pallet and plan to wrap and pad it well but the question whether to remove the CRT for separate packing is still not decided. I'm strongly in favor of removing the CRT as has been advised here more than once but the collector seller I am purchasing from is asking for instructions. I've never even seen a TRK-12 before so I'm not qualified to answer that one and if the previous owner is not sure either has me concerned about breaking the neck during removal. He also mentioned when he brought it home several years ago in the back of his pick-up he discovered the CRT had shifted a little during the trip.

I see where a reproduction rubber mask is now available for the TRK-12. Is the rubber mask an integral part of the CRT mounting system? Any rubber parts would likely be somewhat deteriorated over all these years which would be a concern.

Tnx, Greg