View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Chassis Photos

I've replaced all the paper caps and some of the electrolytics. I'm sure I'll get some flak for it but I kept the electrolytics that had better ESR than the replacements and had leakage in the acceptable range.

I cleaned the chassis. It's not as new looking as many of you guys are capable of producing, but if you look at the photos in the early thread, it's an improvement. The dark area around the electrolytics on top is wax that had dripped from the horizontal output choke on the bridge. If I end up rebuilding those electrolytics I'll clean it up then.

I may paint the top of the power transformer, but I'm waiting until I see if I have to apply a hum fix to the transformer. They have you remove the top instead of removing the entire transformer to work on it.

The thing that took the longest was restringing the dial cord for the radio section. It has three idler wheels, drive pulley and capacitor pulley. Only the capacitor pulley is accessible, you have to use hooks to deal with the others all the while maintaining enough tension to keep the cord from falling off. I hope I never have to do that again.

Now I have to work on the bridge which has just as many paper caps.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C15_Top_Cleaned.jpg (72.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg C15_Bottom_Cap.jpg (106.0 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by jeyurkon; 11-14-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Audiokarma