View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 01:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
I mean, if the inductor was shorted between windings you'd know of it pretty quickly as that's high current 120v.

I am assuming you have the relay bypass jumper installed when testing? Otherwise your circuit breaks at the relay.

You shouldn't assume. I'm just a step or two above novice. :-P

No, I am not shorting the pins. So, I should do this when the board is not installed in the unit and I'm testing? Should I short it when the board is plugged in to the wall? It's just something I'm not familiar with and I apologize for coming across so ignorant. If I'm wrong here, would you mind explaining to me the process of using this shorting pin, and when I would use it? Also, where did you get that diagram? I did not see that in the service manual. I guess I could have missed it though.

Also also, thank you for taking time to converse with me about this. I'm just excited about owning this, and really want to get it working. I'll short those pins and then report back what I find.

The MotoDork

Last edited by cornponious; 05-22-2020 at 01:33 PM.