View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 05:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
Thanks, Mary Tyler Moore will be missed.

Tomcomm: you asked for larger screenshots and a comparison to a computer screenshot. I'm not currently using a computer, just an iPad Air first generation. I have a 2012 Sharp Quatron 70 inch LCD TV/Monitor with full array LED backlighting. One notable feature is that it has 25% more pixels because of the yellow pixel. We had the set calibrated to ISF (Image Science Foundation) Rec. 709 standard three months after purchase in March, 2012. You can see the calibration charts on the "4K" page of my website. I estimate the set has over 29K hours on it. The first photo was captured with an iPhone 6 Plus of the Miss Universe contestant representing France and won the competition on this Sharp monitor. Fox broadcasts 720P not 1080i

2. The second photo is the same frame captured with the same phone off my RCA 21CT55. This photo was cropped to remove excess boarders.

3. The third photo is the same image as photo 2, but captured with the iPhone 6 Plus off the Sharp monitor by Apple mirroring.

4. The fourth photo is the same image as numbers 2 and 3 captured as a screenshot from my iPad Air formatted to it's 9.7 inch Retina display. When the iPad Air first came out, Display Mate website ran a test and declared it "the most accurate mobile display" at that time.

I don't know how "scientific this test is, but one thing for sure is you can see how much of the image is lost on a roundie CRT. I'm still not satisfied with the color on my 21CT55 and further "tweaking" is required.

It appears that the mirrored image lost image detail, etc. but I can tell you the Sharp monitor is very accurate. (See the calibration charts on my "4K" page.) https://visions4netjournal.com/4k/

Continuing .....

Last edited by etype2; 01-31-2017 at 06:39 AM.